Leopard Mac OS 10.6
1. Open the mail program by clicking the Mail icon in the dock.
2. Go to the File menu at the top left side of your screen and select Add Account
3. Fill in your Full Name, Email Address and Password.
4. Now fill in the Incoming Mail Server details. If you need help with these, there’s more detail underneath the screenshot.
Account Type: Select POP
Description: Enter a useful description of the email address you’re setting up
Incoming mail server: mail.yourdomain.com
User Name & Password: Enter the username and password for the email address you’re setting up.
5. You may see a warning screen like the one below, click Continue.
6. Make sure Use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) is unticked, Authentication is set to Password and click Continue.
7. Now fill in the Outgoing Mail Server details. If you need help with these, there’s more detail underneath the screenshot.
Description: Enter a useful description for the server (e.g. Plusnet relay). You can put whatever you like here
Outgoing Mail Server: mail.yourdomain.com
If you want to use authentication when sending mail (you don’t have to), tick Use Authentication and fill in your Account username and password. When you’ve done this click Continue.
8. Make sure Use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) is unticked, Authentication is set to None and click Continue.
9. You’ll see a summary of the details you’ve just entered.
To finish, make sure that Take account online is ticked and click Create.
10. That’s all you need to do. Click Get Mail and your email will be downloaded to your Inbox.