Tutorials – Outlook 2007
1. Open Outlook 2007 - what happens next depends on whether you have opened Outlook previously.
If you have not started Outlook 2007 before, an Outlook 2007 Startup wizard will open automatically. On the first screen of the wizard, click Next.
On the E-mail Upgrade Options screen, select the second option Do not Upgrade. Click Next. On the E-mail Accounts screen, click Yes when asked if you want to set up an e-mail account. Go to step #2, below.
If you have started Outlook 2007 before, click the Tools menu at the top of the Outlook Window, then click Account Settings. In this new window, select the New... on the E-mail Tab. Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP, or HTTP should already be selected. Click Next. Go to step #2, below.
2. Select Manually configure server settings or additional server types and click Next.
3. Under Choose E-mail Service select Internet E-Mail and click Next.
4. The Internet E-mail Settings screen appears. Under User Information, enter your full name as you would like it to appear on email coming from you. Enter your full email address.
5. Under Server Information select Account type, POP3.
6. Incoming mail server: mail.yourdomain.com
Outgoing mail server: mail.yourdomain.com
7. Under Logon Information, enter your email address for User Name and the password for that account. Confirm that Remember password is checked. Click the button More Settings.
8. Leave "Require logon using Secure Password Authentication (SPA)" blank
9. Click More Settings
10. Navigate to the Outgoing Settings tab
11. Make sure that "My Outgoing Server (SMTP) requires authentication" is selected and "Use same settings as my incoming server" is selected
12. Go to the Advanced tab
13. Incoming server port number: 110
Outgoing server port number: 26
14. You DO NOT require an encrypted connection (SSL)
15. Select NONE for use the following type of encrypted connection
16. Click OK
17. Click Next, and then click Finish on the Congratulations! screen.